SMSA Express Transportation Company Ltd., who is in the business of providing the services of Express Transportation, Logistics, Health Care Services, Freight and Mail Room Management Services, is committed to take adequate arrangements related to Environment, Health & Safety in all business aspects including receiving, storing, handling, storage and distribution. It is our policy to provide a workplace free from accidents, injuries and exposure to hazardous chemicals; protect the environment, conserve natural resources and prevent pollution taking into consideration our services end-of-life impacts on the environment.
Towards this, we have set our objectives and are committed to
- Comply with applicable Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) legislation and statutory, regulatory, contractual and other requirements.
- Respond to community concerns regarding EHS and address them proactively in our operations.
- Integrate EHS considerations into business planning, business processes, and decision making.
- Maintain the effectiveness, and continually improve our EHS management system in accordance with the requirements of the ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards.
- Use management techniques including planning, monitoring, audits, analysis, and documentation of Environment & Safety related information to minimize EHS incidents / non conformance associated with our operations.
- Equip ourselves to address EHS emergencies.
- Champion EHS responsibility among all our employees and impart the requisite training, and encourage our employees and contractors to make suggestions on improving the EMS.
- Communicate our EHS policy and other concerns to our contractors and vendors and seek their compliance, and make this Policy available to our customers and other stakeholder.
- Continually review objectives and set targets to improve our EHS performance.
- Provide organizational structure, needed resources, support and directive to achieve these objectives.
- Take accountability for the EHS’ effectiveness through various tools including management review meetings, data analysis and reviews, corrective and preventive actions, and inspections. This Policy is reviewed periodically for its continuing suitability to the organization's current business.
This Policy is reviewed periodically for its continuing suitability to the organization's current business.